Clinical Signs and Symptoms
ORPHA:528 Berardinelli-Seip congenital lipodystrophy
The phenotypic description of this disease is based on an analysis of the biomedical literature and uses the terms of the Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO). Phenotypic abnormalities are presented by order of frequency of occurrence in the patient population, then by alphabetical order inside each frequency group.
- Abnormal facial shape HP:0001999
- Acanthosis nigricans HP:0000956
- Accelerated skeletal maturation HP:0005616
- Bone cyst HP:0012062
- Cirrhosis HP:0001394
- Clitoral hypertrophy HP:0008665
- Congestive heart failure HP:0001635
- Failure to thrive HP:0001508
- Global developmental delay HP:0001263
- Hepatic steatosis HP:0001397
- Hypercholesterolemia HP:0003124
- Hyperinsulinemia HP:0000842
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy HP:0001639
- Increased C-peptide level HP:0030796
- Large hands HP:0001176
- Long foot HP:0001833
- Low anterior hairline HP:0000294
- Low posterior hairline HP:0002162
- Macroglossia HP:0000158
- Mandibular prognathia HP:0000303
- Overgrowth of external genitalia HP:0003247
- Prominent superficial veins HP:0001015
- Prominent supraorbital ridges HP:0000336
- Proportionate tall stature HP:0011407
- Psychomotor retardation HP:0025356
Specialised Social Services
The information provided is based on published scientific articles.
The information provided is estimated for the entire population of patients in routine care. Some phenotypic abnormalities reported here may occur individually with a variable temporality or severity, while others, not listed, may still be encountered. Phenotypic annotations are not yet available for all rare diseases; the annotation process is ongoing.
The information contained in Orphanet is regularly updated. It is possible that discoveries have been made since the last update and have not yet been incorporated.
Professionals are encouraged to always consult the latest scientific publications before making a decision based on the information provided. The information contained in Orphanet is not intended to replace the services of a healthcare professional. Orphanet cannot be held responsible for the deleterious, truncated or erroneous use of any information found in the Orphanet database.