Clinical Signs and Symptoms
ORPHA:99103 Atrial septal defect, ostium secundum type
The phenotypic description of this disease is based on an analysis of the biomedical literature and uses the terms of the Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO). Phenotypic abnormalities are presented by order of frequency of occurrence in the patient population, then by alphabetical order inside each frequency group.
- Left-to-right shunt HP:0012382
- Abnormal mitral valve morphology HP:0001633
- Arrhythmia HP:0011675
- Atrial fibrillation HP:0005110
- Atrial flutter HP:0004749
- Breathing dysregulation HP:0005957
- Bundle branch block HP:0011710
- Congestive heart failure HP:0001635
- Dyspnea HP:0002094
- First degree atrioventricular block HP:0011705
- Left ventricular dysfunction HP:0005162
- Mitral regurgitation HP:0001653
- Orthopnea HP:0012764
- Pedal edema HP:0010741
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension HP:0002092
- Right ventricular dilatation HP:0005133
- ST segment depression HP:0012250
- Supraventricular arrhythmia HP:0005115
- Supraventricular tachycardia HP:0004755
- Tricuspid regurgitation HP:0005180
Specialised Social Services
The information provided is based on published scientific articles.
The information provided is estimated for the entire population of patients in routine care. Some phenotypic abnormalities reported here may occur individually with a variable temporality or severity, while others, not listed, may still be encountered. Phenotypic annotations are not yet available for all rare diseases; the annotation process is ongoing.
The information contained in Orphanet is regularly updated. It is possible that discoveries have been made since the last update and have not yet been incorporated.
Professionals are encouraged to always consult the latest scientific publications before making a decision based on the information provided. The information contained in Orphanet is not intended to replace the services of a healthcare professional. Orphanet cannot be held responsible for the deleterious, truncated or erroneous use of any information found in the Orphanet database.