Search for an orphan drug
Other search option(s)
Marketing authorization without orphan designation - Europe
- Tradename: Arsenic Trioxide Accord
- ATC code : L01XX27
- EU Number: EU/1/19/1398
- MA date : 14/11/2019
- MA holder: ACCORD HEALTHCARE S.L.U.
- European Public Assessment Report
Arsenic trioxide is indicated for induction of remission, and consolidation in adult patients with:
* Newly diagnosed low-to-intermediate risk acute promyelocytic leukaemia (APL) (white blood cell count ≤ 10 x 103/μl) in combination with all -trans-retinoic acid (ATRA)
* Relapsed/refractory acute promyelocytic leukaemia (APL)(Previous treatment should have included a retinoid and chemotherapy) characterised by the presence of the t(15;17) translocation and/or the presence of the promyelocytic leukaemia/retinoic-acid-receptor-alpha (PML/RAR-alpha) gene.
The response rate of other acute myelogenous leukaemia subtypes to arsenic trioxide has not been examined.