Search for an orphan drug
Other search option(s)
Marketing authorization without orphan designation - Europe
- Tradename: CEPROTIN
- ATC code : B01AD12
- EU Number: EU/1/01/190/...
- MA date : 16/07/2001
- MA holder: BAXTER AG
- European Public Assessment Report
Ceprotin is indicated in purpura fulminans and coumarin-induced skin necrosis in patients with severe congenital protein C deficiency.
Furthermore Ceprotin is indicated for short-term prophylaxis in patients with severe congenital protein C deficiency if one or more of the following conditions are met:
- surgery or invasive therapy is imminent,
- while initiating coumarin therapy,
- when coumarin therapy alone is not sufficient,
- when coumarin therapy is not feasible.